De Unie, in your interest

Protest against transition compensation

I did not receive a transition payment upon my dismissal

If your employer terminates your employment or does not renew your temporary contract, you are entitled to a transition payment. Your employer must pay this no later than one month after the end of your employment. The amount of the compensation is: 1/3 gross monthly salary per full year of service. You can calculate the amount of the compensation for the remaining time or a period shorter than one year as follows: (gross salary received on the remaining part of the employment contract / gross monthly salary) x (1/3 gross monthly salary / 12) The compensation is a maximum of € 83.000 gross or , if your annual salary exceeds € 83.000, a maximum of one gross annual salary.

How to send?

Registered and by regular mail or e-mail

When to send?

As soon as possible if you have not received a transition payment within one month after the end of employment


Does your employer not pay the transition allowance? Then you must submit a petition to the court within three months of the end date of your contract. We can help you with this if you contact us in time

Do not forget to  

Keep a copy of the letter yourself