Rabobank: Outcome of the collective labor agreement negotiations
to April 13, 2022
Result of the collective labor agreement negotiations
Negotiations for the new Rabobank collective labor agreement from 2023 have been completed. De Unie submits the outcome of the collective labor agreement negotiations to the members as a proposal. We have made agreements that are in line with the assignment that the members of De Unie is given. However, there are a number of things that we have not been able to achieve. It is positive that this collective labor agreement proposal allows for improvements in terms of employment that will really help colleagues. On the negative side, the structural salary increase turned out slightly lower than we would have liked.
Balancing and voting
De Unie submits the collective labor agreement proposal to the members for a neutral vote. You and the other members determine whether this collective labor agreement will be established. Please rate what you think of the entire package (all 20 points) of employment conditions and then give your opinion by filling in the voting form. This is possible until Sunday 1 May 2022† Do you have questions? Please contact De Unie or sign up for the members meeting of De Unie op Monday April 25 2022† Walk-in sessions are also organized together with Rabobank. These meetings are announced on Rabobank's intranet.
What agreements can we make with Rabobank?
You can read the entire proposal right here read. The main elements of the proposal are:
- De duration is until June 30, 2024.
- De salary scales are structurally increased by 18% in 6,75 months. The increase is spread over time as follows:
January 1 2023
Salaries and salary scales will be increased by 4%. On your pay slip you will see that your salary will not increase by 4%, this is because the employee contribution in the pension is increased slightly.
to April 1, 2023
If you have not yet reached your scale maximum, you are eligible for an individual salary increase based on your GROW score.
January 1 2024
The salary scales will be increased by 2,75%, on this date the salaries will increase by 1,75%.
to April 1, 2024
You are eligible for an individual salary increase based on your GROW score. At that time, hardly anyone will be on the scale maximum, because the scales will be increased by 1% more than the salaries from 1 January.
- De individual salary increase you receive based on your GROW score will increase. An individual salary increase of 2023% (previously 2,5%). In the case of an 'extremely good year' assessment, the individual salary increase will be 2% (previously 5%).
- From 2023, Rabobank will have a 80/90/100 Control† This was an important wish of the members of De Unie† Four years before the state pension age, employees can voluntarily work 4% less, your salary will then be reduced by 20% and your pension accrual will remain unchanged. This allows employees to take a step back before their retirement. We expect this to reduce absenteeism and disability in this age group.
- If you make use of the Paid Parental Leave Act from 1 January 2023 (for a child born on or after this date), Rabobank will continue to pay in full for the first four weeks of the leave.
- From 1 July 2022 (i.e. still during the term of the current collective labor agreement) you will receive a monthly internet allowance of € 40,00 net per month.
- The social plan will be extended, so that the social plan expires at the same time as the new collective labor agreement.
To properly explain the change in the pension scheme, a video is recorded. This video will be published on Rabobank's intranet, so you can watch it in your own time.
New Pension System
We are taking a major step towards the new pension system, in accordance with the Future Pensions Act, which is to come into effect on 1 January 2023. According to this law, pension funds must offer a scheme that is adapted to the new legislation by 1 January 2027 at the latest.
The new pension scheme has a total premium of 32%. That is slightly less than the current pension scheme. The employee contribution to this pension scheme is 5,5% of the pension base. This contribution is your own money and that is why you can make a choice for part of the premium (2% of the pension basis) if you prefer to receive this part as salary now. You make this choice every year.
The employer's contribution is 21,5% of the pension base. In total, therefore, 27% of the pension base is saved for your pension every year, unless you choose to save less. In addition, the employer (just as under the current scheme) pays the administration costs of the pension fund and the risk premiums for disability and death.
Rabobank will also pay compensation costs. Because the new pension scheme is lower for some employees (employees aged 45 and older), we have made a compensation agreement that applies until you retire or until you leave Rabobank. This compensation is paid if the disadvantage actually occurs.
Available premium scheme
The new pension scheme is a so-called defined contribution scheme. This means that the pension fund makes no commitment about the amount of your pension benefit. The pension contribution is invested and you receive information about the amount of your capital. In this system you run more risks, but in good economic times your capital becomes more valuable more quickly.
The pension that you have accrued up to and including 2022 with the Rabobank Pensioenfonds will remain there and will be well taken care of by the pension fund. We are going to discuss whether or not to contribute the accrued pension assets with the transition to the new pension system. No decision has been made on this yet.
If you have any questions, please contact the representative Inge de Vries. This can be done by sending an email to email@example.com or call via telephone number: 06-5252 2091.