De Unie, in your interest
0345 851 851

In addition to my work, I perform informal care tasks. Which schemes can I use?

If you perform informal care tasks alongside your work, there are various arrangements that help you. Depending on the duration and necessity of the informal care tasks to be performed, you can appeal to statutory regulations that are included in the WAZO (Work and Care Act). Think of emergency leave, short-term care leave and / or long-term care leave.

Your collective labor agreement often contains additional agreements about such matters. You can also inquire with your employer whether there are additional internal schemes that you can use. You may also be able to enter into an open discussion with your employer and your employer is willing to think along with you about other solutions. Think of temporary adjustment of your working hours. After all, it is in the interest of both parties to prevent yourself from becoming ill due to overexertion.

Did you know that as a Union member you can request a free membership of Senior Service? click here .

De Unie on social media