De Unie, in your interest
0345 851 851

What is consensual dismissal?

If you and your employer reach a joint agreement about the termination of your employment, this is of course also possible without the permission of the subdistrict court or the UWV. Keep in mind that you have the agreements on the basis of which your employment contract is terminated in writing in a termination agreement. This agreement is also called a settlement agreement.

It is advisable to have a settlement agreement legally tested. In this way you ensure that the agreements made are correct and complete, so that you can, for example, apply for unemployment benefit. In case of a dismissal by mutual consent, you are not legally entitled to a transition payment. You can negotiate a severance payment with your employer. Often it concerns at least the transition payment. De Unie can help you with this.

De Unie on social media