ING: Periodic meeting February 2020
February 17 2020
On behalf of De Unie I have, advocate Emanuel Geurts, together with the others vakbondand periodic consultation with HR and part of the consultation also with members of the COR. The agenda of the meeting includes subjects that the bank and / or the trade unions put forward. ING employees are guests to explain a topic or department. The topics we discuss are related to the agreements in the collective labor agreement, the social plan, pension scheme, legislation, practice and management of ING. Points raised by Union members are also discussed.
Annual figures 2019
The 2019 annual figures have been briefly discussed. The following PO, the annual figures are explained by an expert and there is more interpretation of the figures in the perspective of those of the past.
Introduction to Ruud van Dusschoten
We got to know Ruud van Dusschoten as the new boss of ING Netherlands. In terms of content, we discussed:
- The earnings model and the repositioning of ING as a Financial in other markets;
- Being an attractive employer, connecting with society and sustainability initiatives;
- The progress and (cultural) hurdles of the Unite program;
- Investing in employees' awareness of their pensions and the financial fit program;
- The guidance and guidelines from Global and the influence of ING employees in the Netherlands on their terms of employment and labor relations through the trade unions and employee participation.
It was a pleasant and open conversation that is worth repeating for all parties.
Demos CAO squads
- Unlimited leave pilot started on January 1. The first response rates to the survey and first use of unlimited leave are shown.
- Employment Fund. There is a need to make the internal job market place more accessible and the wish to bring 58+ employees fit until retirement age. The squad will see whether they can work with earlier applied concepts such as increasing internal placement (VIP) and increasing external placement (VEP).
- Education covenant. In the partnership of banks and insurance companies, the 'meaning in teaching' training has been chosen. ING is working with Windesheim University of Applied Sciences on drawing up a contract. ING is thinking about facilitating in time for an internship or training.
- Temporary workers who have been employed for 2020 year or longer in April 1 will receive a one-off payment of € 500 gross.
- Social innovation fund. The MVP is a digital platform where employees share and develop innovative ideas in the field of time. The frameworks are that there are not too many rules of the game, the idea is scalable and is not for a single employee.
- Work happiness bringers. Alexander Stolze wants to start a pilot at offices with Wellbeing coaches. The idea is further elaborated and returns to our consultation table.
- Unknown talent. The CAO squad unknown talent informs us via a vlog about the content of the mentor program.
Acquaintance with Ruth McGill
Ruth McGill has been appointed Chief Human Resources Officer as of January 1, succeeding Hein Knaapen. She spoke to us about the importance of developing a standard set of systems and support tools that are used globally. HR Global now has a multitude of systems and tooling. Ruth wants to work towards uniformity so that HR remains effective and can make an impact for employees and the business. Her wish is to standardize the employee experience across countries as much as possible. This with respect for country-specific legislation and regulations and in a good relationship with the social partners. This was also a pleasant conversation and Ruth is happy to drop by if we want to discuss topics with her.
We are looking for reinforcement for our executive group. The executive group consists of a club of motivated members who meet several times a year in Utrecht to discuss developments within the bank, terms of employment and collective labor agreement formation. The executive group identifies matters that are at play in the bank and discusses this with me. This information position is important during regular consultations between the bank and the trade unions. On the other hand, I ask executives to gauge subjects among colleagues within the bank.
In the course of the year we will start negotiations for a new collective labor agreement, the pension scheme and the social plan. It is precisely during this period that the executive group, as a reflection of the entire bank, is of great importance. We will first test our own proposals, but also those of the bank, within the executive group. The group must therefore be a good reflection of the total population within the bank.
If you are a Union member and you are interested, or a colleague who may be interested, please let us know. We are very happy to start a conversation. Executives must of course serve as members De Unie to be, but can also be!
With the advent of the IDP (Individual Development Plan), the bank hopes that new attention will be paid to employees' career questions. From now on, the bank also links fixed timelines to filling in, discussing and evaluating your IDP. Our career scan can help you think about the Plan for Now, Plan for Next and Plan for Beyond. In individual conversations with an experienced coach and during our workshop with colleagues from the financial sector, we inspire you to get started with your future, at the bank or elsewhere. Curious? We are available for questions and comments on email@example.com and 0345-851 256. Or leave here a callback request.
Respond to this newsletter or have contact about a collective matter, then I, Emanuel Geurts, can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org or via my telephone number 06-5252 2074. For individual advice, please contact my colleagues from the service center department on 0345-851 963, by e-mail email@example.com or the chat function www.unie.nl. We are happy to help!