There is an agreement in principle for the Metal and Technology Collective Labor Agreement
6 September 2019
Before the summer holidays, the employers in the Metal and Technology sector made a final offer for the Collective Labor Agreement for Metal and Technology. A new collective labor agreement seemed far away and we even had to campaign to get employers to change their minds. Now we can tell you that an agreement in principle has been reached for a new collective labor agreement!
The agreement in principle
The main points of the agreement in principle are as follows:
The new CLA has a term of 28 months, i.e. from 1 June 2019 to 30 September 2021.
Wages are structurally increased at the following times:
- December 1, 2019: 3,5%
- July 1, 2020: 3,5%
- March 1, 2021: 0,93%
In addition, each employee will receive a one-off payment of € 306 in February 2021.
There will be a right to the generation pact from the age of 60 for the 80% work / 90% salary / 100% pension accrual variant. There are a number of rules attached to this:
- At least 1 year with the employer
- Maximum outstanding leave balance at application may be 296 hours (more leave will have to be phased out first)
- The employer can only reject a request for compelling reasons. You can then object to this.
The other variants of the Generation Pact will remain as they are.
- The first entitlement to senior days (2 x 4 hours) will shift from age 1 to age 2020 as of January 53, 54. The other senior days will remain as they are.
VPL / Pension
- The full VPL contribution will be made available in 2021 and 2022 for extension of the current pension scheme.
- The Elderly Scheme (VPL) will be extended up to and including 2020. Employees aged 60 and over retain their right to the Elderly Scheme. This also applies to people who lose their jobs as a result of bankruptcy or reorganization who find work in the sector again within the period.
De vakbondContribution must continue to be reimbursed in a tax-friendly manner from the work-related costs scheme. The option for employers to opt for a study day instead will be discontinued.
Training and development
The projects of the vakbondand will be continued on career counseling.
Employees who become unemployed can, under certain conditions, make use of the possibilities of the training funds up to 6 months after the dismissal date.
A nice agreement!
De Unie is of the opinion that we have been able to reach a nice agreement in principle. A wage increase of almost 8% over the entire term of the collective labor agreement is a good result! We are also pleased with the right to a Generation Pact. Of course there are also a number of minor points that we have had to admit, but they do not outweigh the positive feeling we have about the overall result!
Naturally, it is the members who have the final say. We will inform you soon de Uniemembers about the vote to be held on the result. Then we will also send you the full agreement.
Download here this message to distribute among colleagues.