Contract catering: Negotiations about the new collective labor agreement have started!
February 22 2019
The current collective labor agreement expires on 1 April. Last week is De Unie, along with employers and the other vakbondand in catering, started with talks about a new collective labor agreement. We will of course do our best to agree on a number of important points. Such as a good salary increase, good training opportunities and sustainable employability.
Developments in the industry
The world of catering is changing rapidly and that can have consequences for the future. De Unie finds it important to continue to discuss this with Veneca, the trade association in contract catering.
- competition from outside the sector is increasing considerably. Supermarkets, catering establishments, food trucks and delivery services enter the market;
- our customers expect catering services less and less in company restaurants, but more in places where they also meet at different times;
- customers increasingly expect healthy food, sustainable meals, 'taste experience', flexibility, speed and convenience, so new trends are emerging in which companies and Staff members must respond.
On to a new collective labor agreement
De Unie has highlighted the most important points in the discussions:
The economy is doing well, but there are also increases in all kinds of products such as energy. Inflation will be over 2,5% this year.
Therefore one clear pay increase which leads to an improvement in purchasing power.
- Sustainable employability
A voluntary scheme to gradually reduce work, a scheme where the employee still works 80% of his hours, receives 90% salary and 100% pension accrual.
- Development and training
- Good opportunities for training to maintain your own function;
- Possibility to follow training courses for positions within or outside the industry.
Attention to health, non-smoking, sustainable food and exercise. An interview or scan every three years to see if you are on the right track.
We will continue the negotiations on Tuesday 12 March 2019. Of course we love de Uniemembers informed of the progress. Questions and / or suggestions are always welcome via e-mail email@example.com or call 06-5252 2074.
Change of representative
After being associated with the industry for many years, I am going to represent another sector De Unie. Emanuel Geurts is my successor to de Uniemembers at the contract catering. In order to make the transition as smooth as possible, we are still conducting the first meetings together.