A reorganization, bankruptcy, redundancy or dismissal: all events that can make you unemployed. Unemployment is one of the most dramatic events you can experience, whether you choose it voluntarily or not. Concern about your monthly income is increasing and you are faced with a large number of formalities, rights and obligations.
What can we do for you?
Our experts will help you on your way again in the maze of laws and regulations. Have you become unemployed? Then we are ready for you and we guide you, for example in contact with the UWV.
It is of course possible that you decide together with your employer to terminate your contract. Then your employment will come to an end 'by mutual consent'. This must be recorded in a termination agreement.
Unemployed due to reorganization
Do you need support during a reorganization? Then take a look at this page.
Are you unemployed or will you soon lose your job? Then you may be entitled to a benefit under the Unemployment Insurance Act: the WW benefit. To claim this, you must meet a number of conditions. We have listed the six most important ones:
- You have not yet reached the state pension age.
- You are (partially) unemployed if you lose at least 5 hours a week. If you worked less than 10 hours a week, the loss of hours must be at least half.
- You are available for work.
- Of the 36 weeks before you became unemployed, you worked at least 26 weeks.
- You are not culpably unemployed: you did not resign yourself and you were not fired for an urgent reason. An urgent reason is, for example, if you have misbehaved.
- You are insured for unemployment benefit. You are automatically employed by an employer.
The UWV determines the amount of your unemployment benefit. They are based on your salary for the 12 months before you became unemployed.
You apply for your unemployment benefit at the UWV. You can do this from your last week before discharge, up to seven calendar days after your discharge. Please note: apply for your benefit on time, no more than one day after you became unemployed. More information can be found at the website of the UWV.
You can apply for unemployment benefits via the following link: https://www.werk.nl/werk_nl/werknemer/uitkering-aanvragen/inschrijven
The UWV only considers you unemployed after the statutory or contractual notice period. So even if you agree on an earlier end date with your employer, your unemployment benefit will only start at the end of this 'fictitious notice period'.
You're not alone
Do you need help or advice, for example because you do not know whether you are entitled to unemployment benefit? Feel free to call us, we will be happy to find out with you. Our Service Center is available on working days from 8.00 a.m. to 18.00 p.m. by 0345 851 963 of email@example.com.