De Unie, in your interest

Your membership

This is how you get part of your Union contribution back

October 30, 2023

Did you know that you can sometimes get part of your Union contribution back through a special tax scheme? Not always, but sometimes. That depends on your employer: some cooperate with this, others do not - and they are often not obliged to do so. You will not get the contribution back from us, but your employer can offset it against your gross salary. This can save you a considerable amount of money. Below we explain how this settlement works.

Some employers pay (part of) your contribution, at least in the first year of your membership. Wondering whether this applies to your employer? Then check your collective labor agreement


This is how the settlement works

Every year you can request your annual statement from us. And did you receive it the previous year? It will then be sent to you automatically in the first two weeks of October. The annual statement shows how much contribution you paid for your membership in that year. Does your employer cooperate in the settlement? He will then deduct the amount on the annual statement from your gross monthly salary. This means you don't pay tax on it. How much money you save depends on your income. But it quickly saves tens of euros. If you have not received your annual statement, you can request it via this form.

Does your employer have to cooperate with this?

Your employer is not obliged to settle your contribution, unless this is laid down in your collective labor agreement. Not sure if this is the case? Check with your employer.

Contribution settlement

In principle, you can only have your contribution settled over the current calendar year.

Part of the work-related costs scheme

The settlement of contribution is part of the Work Costs Scheme (WKR). This offers employers the opportunity to offer their employees certain allowances, settlements or extras, without paying tax on this. For example, pension agreements and a one-off payment in the event of death also fall under the WKR.

More information

Do you have any questions about the settlement of your contribution, or would you like an adjusted annual statement? Please feel free to contact us. Our Service Center can be reached every working day from 8.30:17.00 AM to 0345:851 PM via and 963 XNUMX XNUMX.

Related posts

Become a member for free