De Unie, in your interest

Your membership

How can you get a part of your Union contribution back?

October 16, 2023

For a membership of De Unie pay your dues. You can sometimes get a part of this amount back through a special tax scheme. Not from De Uniebut from your employer. This can deduct the amount stated on our annual statement from your gross salary, which can save you a considerable amount. Below we briefly explain how this settlement of your contribution works. Please note: not all employers cooperate with this, and they are often not obliged to do so. Settlement is therefore not always an option.

This is how the settlement works

Every year you can request your annual statement from us. And did you receive it the previous year? It will then be sent to you automatically in the first two weeks of October. The annual statement shows how much contribution you paid for your membership in that year. Does your employer cooperate in the settlement? He will then deduct the amount on the annual statement from your gross monthly salary. This means you don't pay tax on it. How much money you save depends on your income. But it quickly makes a difference of tens of percent. Have you not received your annual statement? Then request your annual statement here.

Does your employer have to cooperate with this?

Your employer is not obliged to settle your contribution, unless this is laid down in your collective labor agreement. Not sure if this is the case? Check with your employer .

Settlement with retroactive effect

In principle, you can only have your contribution settled over the current calendar year. But your employer can offer you the option to do this for previous years as well. In that case, please request an adjusted annual statement from us for the relevant period.

Part of the work-related costs scheme

The settlement of contribution is part of the Work Costs Scheme (WKR). This offers employers the opportunity to offer their employees certain allowances, settlements or extras, without paying tax on this. For example, pension agreements and a one-off payment in the event of death also fall under the WKR.

More information

Do you have any questions about the settlement of your contribution, or do you want to request an adjusted annual statement? Please feel free to contact us. Our Service Center is available every working day from 8.30 am to 17.00 pm via en 0345 851 963.

Related posts

Become a member for free